Graphics drivers are an indispensable software component that enables a graphics card to function properly, and to utilize the hardware to its maximum capacity. AMD has launched their new Radeon Adrenalin 21.1.1 drivers targeted primarily towards the Radeon 6000 series. How does that affect you? AMD has introduced optimization and support for Hitman 3 and Quake II RTX. If you are running the Radeon 6800XT, they have promised upto 10% performance uplift in Hitman 3 at 4k! For a single graphics driver update, 10% is a massively impressive number which can make the difference between a playable and an unplayable game @4k.
Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition is designed to give gamers deeply immersive gameplay, inspired by today’s era of massively multiplayer games. You can find the new Radeon Adrenalin 21.1.1 driver here. In the following page, all you would need to do is enter your device’s hardware details and the Operating System it is running. Consequently, download the Adrenalin 21.1.1 driver, double-click on the setup file and follow the on-screen instructions to fully install the driver and enjoy the massive performance boost!
AMD has been hard at work launching a host of new products over the span of a few months, completely altering the status quo of the industry. Towards the end of 2020, AMD launched the hotly anticipated Ryzen 5000 desktop chips which are currently the fastest chips you can buy. Following up very closely, the Radeon 6000 series graphics cards were launched featuring the RDNA2 architecture, better known as Big Navi, also one of the fastest GPUs you can currently purchase. During CES this year, AMD launched the Ryzen 5000 mobile processors as well, introducing the fantastic performance of the Zen 3 architecture into the laptop space.
With very fast and capable hardware already introduced to the market and hugely in demand, AMD has updated their graphics drivers as well to utilize the capability of said hardware to the fullest extent. Here is a summary of the changes AMD has brought about with the current driver over the previous version- 20.12.1.
Up to 10% increase in performance in Hitman 3, @4K Ultra settings, with Radeon™ Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT graphics card versus the previous driver edition 20.12.1.RS-349
Quake II™ RTX
- The recording and streaming overlay indicator may sometimes reset itself to the default position.
- Performance Metrics Overlay size may intermittently reset or may not match values that are set in Radeon Software after performing a task switch.
- The Radeon Software installer screen can sometimes display the incorrect release date of the Radeon Software version you are installing.
- Performance Metrics Overlay may flicker during video playback on displays with HDR enabled.
- Reflections in Grand Theft Auto V™ may fail to appear when ‘Reflection MSAA’ is enabled in the game settings.
- PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds™ session timer may continue in Radeon Software even after the game has been exited.
- DOOM Eternal™ may experience an application crash while gaming and having Steam™ overlay enabled.
- Recorded content from Radeon Software may appear cropped or recorded at an incorrect resolution on Radeon RX Vega series graphics products.
- The Samsung™ Odyssey G9 C49G95T may experience display or corruption issues when set to 5120×1440@240hz.
- Anisotropic Filtering in Radeon™ Software graphics settings is not taking effect in DirectX®9 applications on RDNA graphics products.
- Some displays such as the Sceptre C series or Samsung™ Odyssey G9 series may experience an intermittent black screen on Radeon RX 6000 series graphics products.
- Oculus Link users may experience intermittent crashes on Polaris and Vega series graphics products.
- Brightness flickering may intermittently occur in some games or applications when Radeon™ FreeSync is enabled, and the game is set to use borderless fullscreen.
- Display flicker or corruption may be experienced when two displays are connected to Radeon RX Vega series graphics products with at least one display set to a high refresh rate.
- Metro Exodus™ may experience intermittent application crashes with DirectX® Ray-Tracing enabled.
- Radeon™ recording and streaming features may fail to start on AMD Radeon™ HD 7800 series graphics products.
- Screen flickering might be observed when using MSI Afterburner.
- Enhanced Sync may cause a black screen to occur when enabled on some games and system configurations. Any users who may be experiencing issues with Enhanced Sync enabled should disable it as a temporary workaround.
Testing was, however, conducted by AMD Performance Labs as of Jan 15, 2021 on the 16GB Radeon™ RX 6800 XT, using a test system comprising of AMD Ryzen 9 5900X CPU (3.7 GHz), 16GB DDR4-3200MHz memory, and Windows 10×64 with Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 versus the previous driver edition 20.12.1 on Hitman 3 @ 4K Ultra settings. Performance may vary. RS-349.
INSTALLING RADEON SOFTWARE ADRENALIN EDITION
For detailed instructions on how to correctly uninstall or install Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition, please refer to the following support resources:
|How-To Uninstall Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition on a Windows® Based System||How-To Install Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition on a Windows® Based System|
This driver is not intended for use on AMD Radeon products running in Apple Boot Camp platforms. Users of these platforms should contact their system manufacturer for driver support.
When installing Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 for the Windows® operating system, the user must be logged on as Administrator, or have Administrator rights to complete the installation of Radeon Software Adrenalin Edition 21.1.1.
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 is compatible with the following AMD Radeon products.
|Radeon™ RX 6900 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 Fury Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 6800 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 Nano Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 5700 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 300 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 5600 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 200 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 5500 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 300 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ VII||AMD Radeon™ R7 200 Series Graphics|
|Radeon RX Vega Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ Pro Duo||AMD Radeon™ R5 200 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 500 / Radeon 500X Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500 – HD 8900 Series Graphics|
|Radeon™ RX 400 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700 – HD 7900 Series Graphics|
MOBILITY RADEON™ PRODUCT COMPATIBILITY
Radeon Software Adrenalin 2020 Edition 21.1.1 is a notebook reference graphics driver with limited support for system vendor specific features.
|AMD Radeon RX 5700M Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon RX 5600M Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M300 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon RX 5500M Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R9 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon RX 5300M Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R7 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ 600 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ R5 M200 Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R7 M400 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 8500M – HD 8900M Series Graphics|
|AMD Radeon™ R9 M300 Series Graphics||AMD Radeon™ HD 7700M – HD 7900M Series Graphics|
AMD PROCESSORS WITH RADEON GRAPHICS PRODUCT COMPATIBILITY
Important Note for Laptop and All-In-One (AIO) PCs
AMD recommends OEM-provided drivers which are customized and validated for their system-specific features and optimizations.
If you experience issues using the Radeon™ Software Adrenalin Edition driver package downloaded from AMD.com, please install the OEM-provided drivers for full support and compatibility.
- AMD Ryzen™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics
- AMD Ryzen™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics
- AMD Athlon™ Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
- AMD Athlon™ PRO Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
- AMD A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R4, R5, R6, or R7 Graphics
- AMD Pro A-Series APUs with Radeon™ R5 or R7 Graphics
- AMD Athlon™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics
- AMD Sempron™ Series APUs with Radeon™ R3 Graphics
- AMD Ryzen™ Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics
- AMD Athlon™ Mobile Processors with Radeon™ Vega Graphics
- AMD A-Series and FX processors with Radeon graphics
- AMD Ryzen™ PRO Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics
- AMD Athlon™ PRO Mobile processors with Radeon™ Vega graphics
- AMD A-Series™ PRO processors with Radeon™ graphics
- AMD FX-Series APUs with Radeon™ R7 Graphics
- AMD E-Series APUs with Radeon™ R2 Gr
- AMD Radeon™ HD 8180 – HD 8400 Series Graphics
The new Radeon driver is supported only on the Windows® 10 64-bit version and the Windows® 7 64-bit version.