You can either erase all the content of the page in order to delete a page from word or you can adjust the formatting and layout of the page.
To delete page words which contain images, text and other content, first select the content and delete it. Then to delete page word select the page by using the shortcut Ctrl+G. when you press this shortcut key the following small window appears:
Here in the Enter page number field, you need to specify the page number in order to delete the page in word doc. Press enter to delete a page from the word. Then click on close.
How to delete a blank page from the word?
Document filed with unwanted blank pages at the end? Here is the way to delete a blank page in word. Microsoft Word automatically adds an end paragraph at the end of the document which cannot be deleted. Sometimes this paragraph gets shifted to a blank page at the end of the word document.
In order to delete the blank page from the word inserted at the end, you need to shift this paragraph to the previous page. To do so follow these steps:
- Press the shortcut key Ctrl+Shift+8 to view the paragraph marks
- Select the paragraph marks
- Insert 01 as the font size and press enter
Sometimes we delete the content of the page which is in the middle of two pages. But the page still remains there and is not deleted. To delete a blank page from word inserted in the middle of the document you can try these tricks:
- Select the VIEW tab from the ribbon
- Click on the NAVIGATION pane. The navigation pane is available in the show section
- In the navigation, pane click on the blank page thumbnail in the left panel
- Press the delete button
There can be more than one solution to a given problem. Another way to delete blank page from the word is:
- Click on the PAGE LAYOUT tab
- Click on the Margins button and select the custom margins option from it
- Now click on the LAYOUT tab in the page setup dialogue box
- In the drop-down menu next to the section start to ensure that the new page is selected. Click on Ok.
Sometimes a section break can cause a blank page in the middle of a document. if we remove the section break it can cause formatting issues. If you want the content that follows that point to have different formatting, then you need to keep the section break. But the section break can be changed to a Continuous section break which as a result will preserve the formatting changes without inserting a blank page. There is another way to delete the page.
- Insert the cursor after the section break which you need to change
- Click on the LAYOUT tab
- Select the Page Setup dialogue box launcher
- In the page setup dialogue box, choose the layout tab
- In the section start field, select a continuous option from the drop-down menu
Following these steps would the delete blank page without changing the formatting.
Sometimes the Next Page, Odd Page, and Even Page section break also create a new page in Word. If the blank page occurs at the end of your document and there is a section break there, then place your cursor directly before the section break and press the Delete button to delete the blank page from the word.