The Paytm FASTag in simplest of the terms can be understood as a reusable tag, that works on the Radio-frequency identification technology (RFID). It needs to be attached to the vehicle’s windscreen. Each tag is linked to a registered Paytm wallet support automatic and instant deduction. This program is part of the National Electronic Toll Collection (NETC) initiative, rolled out by NPCI under the guidelines of NHAI & IHMCL. This blog will give you a step by steps instruction on how to recharge Fastag?
FASTag is presently operating at all Toll Plazas across national highways. More city and state plazas will be on-board in future. FASTag is linked to a Paytm Wallet from which the applicable toll amount is deducted. Money can be added to Paytm Wallet using UPI or from any bank account. While the process seems easy and straight, sometimes, there can be confusion regarding how to recharge FasTag. In this blog, we are going to explain and simplify this process for you.
Paytm FASTag fee and charges:
First of all, it is very important to understand the basic fee structure of FASTag. Below we have provided you with the list of charges corresponding to the vehicle:
|Vehicle Class||Vehicle Type||Tag charges (INR)|
|4||Car, jeep and van||100|
|4||Tata Ace and similar mini Light Commercial Vehicle||100|
|5||Light commercial vehicle 2-axle||100|
|12||Tractor/Tractor with trailer||100|
|12||Truck 4-axle, 5-axle||100|
|15||Truck 7-axle and above||100|
For Car, Jeep & Van:
- Tag Cost: Rs. 100
- Refundable Security Deposit: Rs. 250
- Threshold Amount: Rs. 150.
The threshold amount will be pre-loaded to your FASTag Sub-wallet.
How to recharge FASTag using Paytm?
- You can add to your Paytm Wallet as you generally do and FASTag wallet will automatically deduct the amount from it. Hence no hassle of separate payments. It is also important to understand here that FASTag can be used for toll payments only after 20 mins of adding money to the Paytm Wallet.
- The FASTag sub-wallet gets created automatically.
- Visit the “Manage FASTag” section in your FASTag sub-wallet to find the list of tags linked to your wallet
- The details will be available against each tag: Tag-wise transaction details of all toll payments. Activation status of each FASTag that is linked to your Wallet.
- In case your FASTag is not working, kindly ensure the following: You have an active tag – you can check it under “Manage Tags” section in your FASTag sub-wallet. You have sufficient amount (at least Rs 150 for Car/Jeep/Van) in your Paytm/FASTag wallet. If the problem persists, you can contact the Paytm customer care and get your issue resolved.
FASTag cannot be transferred to the other party. If you are not going to use the registered vehicle anymore, please ensure the FASTag that you used for the vehicle is closed. You can replace your damaged tag with a new one at an applicable charge. To raise a replacement request, write to Paytm mentioning your mobile number against which the tag has been registered along with the vehicle registration number or tag ID. 2.5% Cashback is applicable on all toll transactions done at NHAI plazas for the financial year 2019-20.
Since the world is moving towards digitalisation, long queues at toll plazas need to be abolished. With Paytm FASTag not only you can make quick transactions, but you can also save up a lot of time from those never-ending queues.