What is Whatsapp Web? How to use it?
Whatsapp is one of the most popular messaging and media sharing platform in the world today. It has already replaced carrier provided text messaging and continues to be a dominant player in the messaging space. Due to the convenience of data transfer over the internet, WhatsApp offers numerous features which cannot be matched by any carrier provided messaging platform. Such features include high-resolution image sharing, video and audio sharing, as well as a host of other types of file format such as documents, contacts and location sharing, etc. In this blog, we will explain how to use WhatsApp web step by step.
Whatsapp Web is another feature that enables a person to do everything that the app does but through a computer. This is the reason it is majorly used by companies for sharing files and messages where a computer is used more often than a smartphone for official purposes, while at the same time, it is also be used by any interested individual, should the need ever arise.
One can choose to either use Whatsapp Web through a dedicated computer application or his/her web browser. For a dedicated computer application, follow the underwritten steps. If you would want to use WhatsApp from your web browser, however, go to this link and follow from Step 2 of “Pairing the phone with the desktop client”, following this segment.
Installing WhatsApp Web application on a computer
- Follow this link to go to Whatsapp’s official download website.
- Click on the green download button if you are running Windows. In case you are on an Apple device, click on the link right below the green download button, like so:
- Open the downloaded file and wait for the installer to launch.
- Once the installer launches, it will look something like so:
- The installer will finish installing Whatsapp Web in your computer which you can then launch from the icon created on your desktop.
Pairing the phone with the desktop client
- Once you have launched the app, you will need to pair it with your smartphone to access your chats. The launched app will initially look like so:
- To pair it with your phone, open the WhatsApp application on your smartphone, tap the menu button on the top right corner of your screen and select “WhatsApp Web”.
- A QR code scanner will open on your phone. At this point, scan the QR code displayed on your computer screen with the scanner on your phone.
- As soon as the scanning is successful, you will be led to your chat screen on your desktop application.
From this point on, you can freely use the desktop client to communicate through WhatsApp instead of using your smartphone. However, an important point to note here is that the desktop client will not work if your phone cannot connect to WhatsApp, i.e. if your phone is switched off, does not have an internet connection, on aeroplane mode, etc and one must hence be wary of the same.